- About this policy
- Definition of personal data
- Who are we?
- How do we collect information from you?
- What type of information is collected from you?
- How is information used?
- Who has access to your information?
- How and where do we store data?
- Your choices
- What happens if our business changes hands?
- Changes to statement
- Contact information
About this policy
Hayes’ Bar & Kitchen is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is handled in a safe and responsible way. This policy outlines how we aim to achieve this and includes the information collected when:
- you use our website https://hayesrestaurant.ie.
- you make a booking on our website.
- you make enquiries on our website.
- someone is interested in working with us.
Definition of Personal Data
Personal Data means any data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly/indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to us via our site.
By providing your personal data, you agree that we can use your personal data in accordance with this policy.
Ensure you understand this policy in its entirety and take your time to read it.
Who are we?
Hayes’ Bar & Kitchen is a restaurant based in Glandore, West Cork.
Our registered address is: Hayes’ Bar & Kitchen, The Square, Glandore, Co. Cork, P81 WE16, Ireland.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information from you:
- when you make a booking.
- when you visit a restaurant (preferences, allergies etc.).
- make an enquiry.
- when you sign up to marketing emails.
What type of information is collected from you?
I – When you make a booking:Hayes’ Bar & Kitchen collects information such as:
- e-mail address (used for booking confirmation and post-dining feedback emails)
- home or work address
- billing information taken for deposits, ticketing, or holding credit card information for
II – Use in the case of no-shows (where applicable):
- telephone number
- company name
- dietary requests
- marketing preferences (whether you opt-in or opt-out)
III – When you dine at Hayes’ Bar & Kitchen:
- marketing responses (where applicable)
- survey responses
- current and past restaurant reservation details
IV – When you access our sites:There is “Device Information” about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Hayes’ Bar & Kitchen. This information can include:
- device type (e.g. mobile, computer, laptop, tablet)
- operating system
- IP address
- browser type
- browser information (e.g., type, language, and history)
- domain names
- access times
- referring website addresses
- other data about your device to provide the services as otherwise described in this policy.
V – Location information:If you use our website, we may receive your generic location (such as city or neighbourhood).
Vi – Careers:You may submit your CV if you’re interested in working for us to email@example.com. This information may include:
- personal details
- employment details
- salary history
- other relevant details
How is your information used?
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary to complete a booking, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to mailing lists, special offers or contacting us via our website), or because it is in our legitimate interests.
We require the information outlined in the previous section to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Send you service emails (booking confirmation and post-dining feedback).
- Improve our products and services.
- Send marketing communications if you have opted in to receive them.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties. Any personal information we request from you will be safeguarded under current legislation.
We will only share your information with companies if necessary to deliver services on our behalf. For example service providers, third-party payment processors, and other third parties to provide our Sites and fulfil your requests, and as otherwise consented to by you or as permitted by applicable law.
How and where do we store data?
- Information entered on the site is stored securely on our web server, which is located in the EU.
- Information shared via email is stored securely on our email server, which is located in the EU
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not pass your details to any third parties for marketing purposes unless you have expressly permitted us to. Furthermore, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that Hayes’ Bar & Kitchen holds about you and have any inaccuracies corrected. Any such requests should be made to this email address: email@example.com.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it. We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will, therefore, be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following basis):
- data provided for reservation/booking purposes for a period of 24 months (this may include name, phone number, email address and dietary preferences/restrictions as provided at time of contact);
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our Site.
What happens if our business changes hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
Changes to this statement